LSTC has an exciting opportunity, for a Planning Engineer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in planning and at least 2 years’ experience of Development Consent Order approval to work alongside an established Planning and Environmental team. This role can be based in either our East Yorkshire, Surrey or Derby Office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on projects with planning, environmental and design outputs, leading to presentation of documents covering deliverables using your GIS knowledge and expertise
- Monitoring and undertaking co-ordination of planning & environmental activities, checking of work
- Project co-ordination to ensure the achievement of deliverables in a timely manner
- Providing pre & post application planning and environmental advice and input on local and nationally significant overhead line, substation and cable schemes across the UK and Ireland
- Providing input to new project opportunities including preparation of tender costs, advising on timescales and lead times and deliverables required
- Providing guidance and training as appropriate
- Enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and results orientated with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to think spatially, across disciplines and work at conceptual and detailed levels
- Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in Planning, Environmental Studies or Engineering
- A minimum 3 years relevant post graduate experience in Planning and Environmental, Engineering or Project Management experience in the infrastructure sectors such as in electricity
- Ideally a member of a Professional body (or working towards)
- You must have a minimum of 2 years DCO (Development Consent Order) experience
- Experience of working on projects from early stages of conception, through options appraisal, application, consenting and discharging of requirements.
- A confident understanding of applied environmental impact assessment (EIA) and mitigation strategies and a good knowledge of the planning process and associated UK legislation.
- Good up to date knowledge and evidence on relevant industry specific legislation.
- Experience of undertaking desktop and field-based studies/research.
- Ability to understand and plan for conflicting requirements and meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to interrelate own discipline areas with outputs from other engineering and non-engineering disciplines to present overall suitable solutions including mitigation.
- Able to produce and check planning documentation and deliverables ensuring accuracy and compliance with scope and specification.
- Working knowledge and experience in applying relevant essential Health & Safety/CDM issues as required by legislation and applicable directives.
- Ability to set a positive example to others in terms of attitude and approach to work
- You must have strong communication skills both verbal and written and influencing skills
- You must be highly numerate and literate and excellent report writing skills
- Strong IT skills and experience of using GIS software preferably ESRI ArcGIS and awareness of 2D and 3D CAD packages
- Must have a valid UK car driving licence (or one acceptable to our insurers).
- Must be prepared to travel and occasionally work from other LSTC Group offices and undertake both office and site work throughout the UK and Ireland and occasionally work unsocial hours.
- Competitive remuneration dependent on skills and experience
- Company Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows
- Cycle to work/childcare voucher schemes
At LSTC you have a unique opportunity to work at the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary Survey, Design and Engineering Consultancy in the Utilities sector.
If you are looking to work for a company whose core values are based around Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, Client Focus and Safety then look no further.
To apply, please email HR@lstc.co.uk with an up to date CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.