LSTC has a requirement for an experienced town/DCO planner to manage and deliver the planning and consenting aspects of our projects. Experience of planning and consenting linear infrastructure requiring Development Consent Orders (or equivalent stature) for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects is preferred, however experience on localised and S.37 planning projects is also considered. The role can be based in either our Whyteleafe, Surrey office, within the M25, in our Driffield Office, East Yorkshire or with home working options.
- Provision of pre and post-application planning advice together with enhancing processes and systems to deliver major schemes involving overhead lines, underground cables, and substations across the UK
- Successful delivery of projects involving planning, GIS, and design activities
- Ability to co-ordinate internal design, technical and planning teams
- Great communication with project teams and client, attendance and presentation at meetings and workshops
- A track record of reviewing, producing, and contributing to internal and external reports and planning application documentation
- Pro-active engagement, management, and monitoring of sub-contractors
- Support to tender proposals, costs, and programmes
- Ability to mentor, guide, and train others
- Enthusiastic and with experience in infrastructure planning and consenting with:
- Management and delivery of projects involving conceptual design, optioneering, submission and consent
- Sound understanding of processes and requirements (DCO experience preferable)
- Understanding of UK planning legislation (beneficial)
- Planning, environmental, geography or project management degree level, member of (or working towards) a Professional body
- Self-motivated, able to work individually or as a team, flexible approach to work which could entail working in one of our other offices or virtual working
- Ability to think spatially across different disciplines with strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills, numerate, good report writing skills
- Prepare and check project documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with the project scope
- Experience with GIS is beneficial
- Must have a valid UK car driving licence (or one acceptable to our insurers).
- Competitive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows
- Cycle to work/childcare voucher schemes
- Flexible working arrangements
At LSTC you have a unique opportunity to work at the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary Survey, Design and Engineering Consultancy in the Utilities sector. If you are looking to work for a company whose core values are based around Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, Client Focus and Safety then look no further.
To apply, please email HR@lstc.co.uk with an up to date CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.