LSTC has an exciting new opportunity, for someone who is passionate about 2D and 3D CAD drawing (particularly with both Microstation 2D and 3D CAD experience) to join our multi-disciplinary Drawing office Team based at our office in Little Driffield in East Yorkshire.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for producing high quality 2D and 3D drawings to support the Engineering and Design teams
- You will produce 3D CAD: tower & gantry wire frame models from general arrangement drawings; wire clearance drawings including carrying out electrical and safety clearance checks; pole models and associated GA drawings and Material lists
- You will also produce: 2D: Scheme layout plans and OHL route plans; insulator set drawings from individual components; earthing diagrams from Engineers’ sketches; stage by stage diagrams from sketches & scope documents and Condition assessment templates, adding grading data, reviewing site photos, creating tower replacement steel material lists & master material Lists
- You will develop cross functional drawing office skills across the Drawing Office including, Tower Modelling, 3rd Party Utilities plans and packs and Topographical data processing and Profile and route plan creation
- Ideally at least 2-3 years relevant draughting experience with proven work based experience of 2D and 3D CAD preferably using Microstation.
- Ideally educated to ONC/HNC level (or equivalent) with at least 5 GCSE;s (Grades A-C or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Ability to think spatially is essential along with attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Enthusiastic with a flexible approach, self-motivated and able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable with strong organisational, IT skills with effective communication skills and an appreciation of cross discipline working and needs.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches and notes of amendments as identified by others
- Must have good numeracy and literacy skills including the ability to compile and format reports
- Must have a valid UK driving licence (or one acceptable to our insurers).
- Must be able to undertake both office and site work throughout the UK.
- Relevant training will be provided.
- Competitive remuneration dependent on skills and experience
- Company Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows
- Cycle to work/childcare voucher schemes
At LSTC you have a unique opportunity to work at the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary Survey, Design and Engineering Consultancy in the Utilities sector.
If you are looking to work for a company whose core values are based around Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, Client Focus and Safety then look no further.
To apply, please email HR@lstc.co.uk with an up to date CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.